Theatre in Education Intern – 35 hours/week, 1 year contract
The Theatre in Education Intern will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the junior school division of the Theatre in Education department. The position is required to expand our capacity to promote and attract students to theatre in education, Magnus Theatre, and ultimately arts and culture in Northwestern Ontario.
- Developing curriculum and teaching classes for ages 6 – 12
- Participating in outreach activities in Northwestern Ontario
- Assisting with planning, booking and scheduling the Theatre for Young Audiences tour
- Applying for grants to sustain and grow the Theatre in Education department
- Assisting with day-to-day operations of the Theatre in Education department
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Education Degree (Primary/Junior division preferred)
NOTE: This position involves working with vulnerable people and therefore a successful Vulnerable Sector Check will be required. First Aid and CPR training is an asset.
Start date: August 28, 2017
Compensation: $31 850
Please submit your CV and cover letter with the subject “Theatre in Education Intern Position”, no later than Monday July 24, 2017, to Danielle Chandler, Theatre in Education Animateur at firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is proudly supported by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation.