Each year, young people between the ages of 12 and 19 in Northern Ontario are invited to submit scripts for the Challenge. The Young Playwrights’ Challenge is a component of Magnus Theatre’s New Play Development Program and Theatre in Education programs which also include year-round theatre classes for all ages, March break and summer drama camps, workshops in the schools, and two annual School Tour productions that are performed in schools throughout northwestern Ontario.
For more information on the Young Playwrights’ Challenge call Magnus Theatre at (807) 345-5552.
Mail your submissions to:
Attention: Young Playwrights’ Challenge
10 South Algoma St.
Thunder Bay, ON
- Eligible playwrights must be between the ages of 12 and 19.
- Submissions must be suitable for production on stage or radio.
- Scripts containing more than eight characters on stage simultaneously cannot be considered for the challenge.
- Submissions must be typed or neatly printed in ink.
- A list of characters must be included.
- The first page of dialogue should be numbered as page 1.
- Do not send us the only copy of your script. Plays will not be returned.
- Include a page of information stating your name, address, postal code, phone number, age, and title of your play, but please do not print this information on each of the script pages.
- Collaborative efforts are eligible but no more than one prize will be awarded to each winning script.
- The adjudicators of the challenge are professional artists whose decision will be final. The identity of these adjudicators will be withheld until the winners are announced.
- Please do not fax us your play.
Generously sponsored by: