Magnus at a Glance
Magnus Theatre Company Northwest Incorporated
The Dr. S. Penny Petrone Centre for the Performing Arts
10 Algoma St. S. Thunder Bay, ON P7B 3A7
Administration: (807) 345-8033
Box Office: (807) 345-5552
Facsimile: (807) 345-0291
Stanley R. Kurisko, Past President
Ernie Epp, Treasurer
Mario Crudo, Artistic Director
Norma Chuchmuch, General Manager
- Years in Business: 40
- Location: New state-of-the-art facility, located in Waverley Park, completed in September 2001 for Magnus Theatre's 30th Anniversary Season
- Market Area: Thunder Bay and Northern Ontario with a particular interest in Northwestern Ontario
- Marketing Themes:
The Professional Theatre in Northwestern Ontario
- 2013/2014 To Entertain, To Engage YOU!
2012/2013 Live Happens!
2011/2012 40th Season - The Ruby Anniversay
- 2010/2011 Go Live!
- 2009/2010 Oogle Us Live!
2008/09 our audience! We can't LIVE without you!
2007/08 Your iLive! Use It!
2006/07 Best of Live at 35!
2005/06 Dare to Play!
2004/05 Expect Magic
2003/04 Life on Stage
2002/03 It's an Event!
2001/02 It's Show Time!
2000/01 Save Me a Seat!
1999/00 Get a Live!
1998/99 Hey…it's a live style!
- Number of Employees: 8 full time, 9 part time, up to 10 seasonal
- Actors & Directors: Up to 60 annually
- Board of Directors: 12 members with diverse backgrounds representing the broad community
- Mainstage Subscribers: 1,100 - 1,400
- Gross Annual Revenues: approximately $1,200,000
- Primary Programs:
- A six play mainstage season
- Two touring plays for young audiences
- A touring play for adult audiences
- Theatre school for all ages - serving over 200 students annually
- Drama and theatre in education workshops
- A new play development program
- Attendance: Presently, services reach over 40,000 adults, students, and seniors each year
- Industry Group: A professional theatre company, which operates under the terms of the Canadian Theatre Agreement, engaging professional artists who are members of the Canadian Actor's Equity Association
- Associations: Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce, Thunder Bay Arts & Heritage Alliance, Theatre Ontario, Professional Association of Canadian Theatres, Canadian Conference of the Arts
- Operating Support: The Canada Council for the Arts, Ontario Arts Council, City of Thunder Bay
- Project Support: Ontario Trillium Foundation, Thunder Bay Community Foundation, the Department of Canadian Heritage
- Corporate Support: Past and present sponsors include such companies and organizations as Air Canada, Associated Canadian Travelers, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The Chronicle Journal, Dilico Ojibway Child and Family Services, Dougall Media, Norlink Innovative Web Solutions, Pattison Outdoor Advertising, Pitney Bowes, Print Pros Plus, Professional Engineers Ontario - Lakehead Chapter, The Paterson Foundation, TBayTel, Thunder Bay Dental Association, Thunder Bay Medical Association, Westjet, Wesway .
- Registered Charity: BN# 11902 7985 RR0001
- Incorporated: 15 June 1972
- Founded: 1971 by British Director Burton Lancaster in conjunction with a citizens committee
- Artistic Director: Mario Crudo was appointed Artistic Director in May 1992 and brings with him over 30 years of experience in professional theatre