Position: GENERAL MANAGER
Location: Magnus Theatre Company Northwest Incorporated, Thunder Bay, ON
Magnus Theatre, the professional theatre company of Northwestern Ontario is seeking a dedicated and energetic individual for this full-time position. Magnus Theatre is currently in its 44th season and is a member of The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT). Magnus operates an intimate 250 seat theatre located in a beautiful designated heritage building in Thunder Bay and is committed to creating dynamic theatre that addresses the unique needs of our evolving community and region. The General Manager reports directly to the volunteer Board of Directors, and works as a member of the management team with the Artistic Director in an effective management partnership.
Key Responsibilities include:
– Administrative Leadership and Strategic Planning
– Financial Management
– Fundraising, Fund Development and Community Engagement
– Grant Writing
– Human Resource Management
– Facility and Theatre Operations Management
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Minimum 3 years of management experience in the non-profit sector and/or arts organization; Excellent writing and communication skills; Strong IT skills including network administration; Experience with contract negotiation and Artist agreements (CAEA, ADC, PGC), Microsoft Office, Adagio, and Theatre Manager software; Demonstrated fund-raising experience as well as a passion for the arts are considered assets. Interested candidates are invited to apply in confidence with a comprehensive cover letter and resume no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 9th, 2016 to: General Manager Search Committee, Magnus Theatre, 10 Algoma Street South, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 3A7 or by email to email@example.com – subject line GM Search Committee
Please note: the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. If you have any questions, or require clarification regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In our desire to encourage and reflect the world and our community in all areas of our work, Magnus Theatre encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will remain confidential and will be carefully reviewed and assessed by the Search Committee in accordance with the criteria established.
Magnus Theatre Production Assistant Job Posting
The Production Assistant position is part time (20 hours/week). Regular days of work will be Monday to Friday, however the position will require evening and weekend work from time to time.
– Candidate should have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills and apply them
– Maintain a positive attitude, and keep work areas clean, organized, and safe
– Able to work confidently and safely at heights on ladders, man lifts, catwalks and overhead grid areas.
– Be punctual, and be able to work quietly, safely and respectfully around actors, the public and other crew members.
– To assist with all set installs and strikes, lighting hangs, focus and strikes
– Maintenance and repair of technical equipment
– Operation of technical equipment such as the fly system, lighting, and sound equipment
– Cleaning and maintenance of stage and tech areas, building maintenance and repairs
– Purchasing of materials and general “runner” duties
Outside of these core duties, the Production Assistant will assist each department on a, “as needed”, basis in areas such as set construction, painting, props, and wardrobe.
Experience in one of the areas of Carpentry, Lighting or Audio/Visual is essential, as is a general aptitude for understanding and operating technical equipment such as computers, electronics and basic power tools.
Candidates can reply – with a C.V. or résumé – to Nicholas via email at email@example.com
Include the phrase, “Hire me Magnus!” in the email subject line.
Only candidates who are considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.